Return To LOCAL EVENTS
May Events - City of Hagerstown
|Thursday, May 16, 2013||
Individuals who get their passport ticket stamped at every restaurant are eligible to enter to win a $500 gift certificate from Anderson Photographs, 4 S. Potomac St.; $300 in City Center Dollars and two admissions to the 2013 Wind Down Friday. S
Sample City Center Talent and Cuisine at "A Taste of the Arts"
Pairing great restaurants and entertainment, the Taste of the Arts Event is being held in Hagerstown's Arts and Entertainment District on Thursday, May 16, 2013. The event will be held from 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. in Downtown Hagerstown. A Taste of the Arts is being sponsored by the Downtown Alliance and the City of Hagerstown. The net proceeds will assist The Maryland Theatre, Washington County Arts Council and Barbara Ingram School for the Arts Foundation.
Participants will be able to listen and view local artists at work while simultaneously tasting culinary sample treats from 12 venues. The venues for the event include:
· 28 South, 28 S. Potomac Street
· Applause Caterers, 58 E. Washington Street
· Bulls and Bears Restaurant, 38 S. Potomac Street
· El Paso, 10-12 E. Washington Street
· Leiters Fine Catering Inc., 28 S. Potomac Street
· Otterbein United Methodist Church Popcorn Stand, Public Square
· The Maryland Theatre featuring Gumbo-Elois Catering, 21 S. Potomac Street
· The Rhubarb House, 12 Public Square
· Schmankerl Stube Bavarian Restaurant, 58 S. Potomac Street
· Uncle Louie G's Italian Ices and Ice Cream, 34 E. Washington Street
· Washington County Arts Council featuring dessert samples from the Gourmet Goat and The Plum, 34 - 36 S. Potomac Street
· Vince’s Pizza Express, 66 E. Franklin Street
For a free giveaway item that evening, please visit Just Lookin’ Gallery at 40 Summit Avenue featuring the exhibit "Rights - Civil Wrongs: Take Two" and Contemporary Art Gallery at 4 West Franklin St. featuring the exhibit of Mr. Morgan Bollard, Theme: "Form & Spirit" and the past artwork of the Western Maryland Blues Fest in poster form.
Entertainment for the locations is being provided by the Barbara Ingram School for the Arts. The Academy Theater will feature the Hagerstown Children's Theater and the Washington County Arts Council will have entertainment by Rob Hovermale and Evan Price.
tamped tickets must be brought to the Washington County Arts Council at 34 - 36 South Potomac St. by 8:00 p.m. the night of the event.
Passport tickets for the event are $20 with a $3 mailing fee and a $4 internet charge. Advance passport tickets can be obtained by calling 301-790-2000, by stopping by 21 South Potomac St. (the Maryland Theatre) or on-line at www.mdtheatre.org.